These guidelines have been established to outline the benevolence benefits funded by the TRUST division of the Oklahoma HBPA d/b/a Thoroughbred Racing Association of Oklahoma. This is a guideline of eligibility, benefits and requirements for this benevolence program. This guideline is as accurate as possible; this guideline is not the final disposition.
- This is NOT an insurance program. It is an Owner funded assistance program.
- This program is NOT intended as a SUBSTITUTE for private insurance. All TRAO members are urged to carry insurance from a provider in case of catastrophic illness.
- The TRAO Benevolence Trust Committee has the FINAL determination of ALL claims filed.
- TRAO Members (Owners, Trainers that meet the start requirement).
- TRAO Members Employees’(Full-Time employees’ include the following; Assistant Trainers, Exercise Personnel, Foreman, Grooms, Hotwalkers. (Full-Time employees’ must be continuously employed by the TRAO member trainer for no less than(30 consecutive days) (TRAO Benevolence Committee has the right to inspect payroll verification to insure that employment guidelines have properly been met)
- To become eligible for benevolence assistance during the current calendar year, the TRAO member must have a minimum of (10) starts from the previous calendar year or a minimum of (5) starts in the current calendar year.
- Free lance Exercise Personnel and Pony Personnel are NOT eligible for benevolence assistance.
- ALL requesting benevolence assistance MUST fill out a benefits request form and provide a current OHRC license. Benevolence benefits will be denied until these steps have been completed. All TRAO members’ employees’ requesting benevolence assistance must have their employer (Trainer – Assistant Trainer) sign the benevolence request prior to the issue of benevolence assistance.
- Owner, Trainer and Assistant Trainers dependents under the age of 18 are eligible
- BENEFIT LEVELS:
- Medical/Dental $3500 Per Person Per Calendar Year (INCLUDES RX)
- Vision $250 Per Person Per Calendar Year
- Emergency Approved on Individual Case Basis
- Death Approved on Individual Case Basis
- Maximum Family Benefit Per Calendar Year is $5000
When using the TRAO’s Providers for medical, dental or optical visits, members will not have an out of pocket expense until the maximum benefit assistance level is met.
After the benevolence maximum is exhausted the TRAO member or the TRAO Member’s employee is solely responsible for the remaining balance. If you meet your maximum benefit and have a remaining balance with a TRAO Provider, you will NOT be able to use the TRAO Provider until your balance is paid in full.
If you use the service(s) of your own private medical, dental or optical provider, you must submit original receipt(s) for re-imbursement.
When submitting re-imbursement for prescriptions, the original paid receipt must accompany the request, in addition to the prescription stub that provides a description of the medication’s intended use.
TRAO will supply copies to the benevolence requester of the original receipt if requested.
- NOT ELIGIBLE FOR BENEVOLENCE ASSISTANCE:
- INJURY/ILLNESS DERIVED FROM AN EMPLOYMENT SITUATION (ANYTHING ASSOCIATED WITH A WORK RELATED INJURY) (INCLUDES RX)DRUG/ALCOHOL/SUBSTANCE ABUSE (INCLUDES RX)COSMETIC SURGERY (INCLUDES RX)SEXUAL ENHANCEMNT (INCLUDES RX)
Please contact the TRAO office with any questions.Thoroughbred Racing Association of Oklahoma
ATTN: Heather Lawson
1 Remington Place, Oklahoma City, OK 73111
Phone: (405) 427-8753 | Fax: (405) 427-7099
Email: Email Heather
Download 2018 Form
Updated January 2018